At Hotchkiss Warburton we want to give you the best possible service. If, however, you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided to you then we ask that you inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance, please contact the fee earner who is working on your matter to discuss your concerns and they will do their best to resolve those concerns. If we have not been able to resolve those concerns and you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can read our full complaints procedure [link to your process]. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your matter.

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

If after you have made a complaint using our full complaints procedure you are still unhappy and feel we have not met your expectations with regards to our service, then the Legal Ombudsman can help you. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your matter.

Before they can accept a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first using our full complaints procedure. If you have and you are still unhappy with us, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint


  • No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
  • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them on the following details:


Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.


Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ


What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

As we are authorised by The Solicitors Regulation Authority, if at any time you are unhappy or have concerns with regards to our behaviour, please contact The Solicitors Regulation Authority. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristics.

Please visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.